Types of legal fees
When should a lawyer be instructed?
Depending on the legal issue it is sometimes best to seek professional advice, guidance and representation. Some situations require expert guidance due to possible legal complexities surrounding the issues.
The best way to determine if you need to instruct a lawyer is to ask, if you can deal with the issue yourself.
Types of fees lawyers charge
There are several common types of fee arrangements used by solicitors:
- First meeting: Some lawyers may charge a fixed rate or an hourly rate for your first meeting. Some lawyers offer the first half hour for free.
- Fixed Fees: This is a contract that offers a fixed fee.
- Hourly Rate: This kind of an arrangement is where the lawyer charges you a an hourly rate depending on their year of experience.
- Conditional Fee Agreements ('CFA' or 'no win no fee'): This is a fee agreement where the lawyer only charges you if they win the case and if the case is lost, you pay nothing.
- Payment on Account of Costs (sometimes called a 'retainer fee'): This is when the lawyer is paid a set fee upfront, Normally based on the lawyers estimate of how much initial work would cost .The retainer is then placed in your client account and the cost of your lawyers legal advice is then deducted from that account as and when they accrue.
How can you find the right solicitor for the right cost?
The best way to find the right solicitor for the right cost is to make comparisons between at least 3 quotes.
You can browse a list of solicitors dealing with the required area of law from the Free legal Directory on www.freelegalhelpline.co.uk home page.
Please fill in each field. 100% privacy guaranteed
"The process was so easy..Thank you for helping me"
Leanne, Manchester, April 2 2016
"I thought id never get the help I needed..but thanks to this service they found me a solicitor that gave me the advice to move forward and helped me and my family."
Daniel, London, April 2 2016
"All I can say is without Free Legal Helpline I would not know where to start"
Melanie, Birmingham, April 2 2016
"Amazing service, the best advice I received..and the best part? It was FREE"
Luqman, Bradford, April 2 2016
"The service is a breath of fresh air, The help was quick and easy"
Michael, London, April 2 2016
Adeola, London, Dec 18 2018
Susan Johnson, london, 14.12.2018
Aisha Mirza, Manchester, 2018-12-19 18:49:06